Here it is: Can You Add a Niche to an Existing Shower And How To Do It?!
Products mentioned/ listed are reviewed personally and or extensively researched for your benefit and link to the direct product referred for your satisfaction and as a code of conduct and to provide transparency, the contents of this page may or may not contain affiliate links. Read More
Information presented on this post is strictly for educational purposes only. Feenixbloom reserves the right not to offer any advisory or brokerage services, and or recommend/ advise investors to trade or invest in particular stocks, securities or any other investments.
Adding a Niche to your Shower?
Adding a niche to your shower is a great way to add some extra storage and personality to your bathroom and when it comes to adding a niche to an existing shower, it is possible that it can be done, but it's not as easy as just cutting a hole and installing the niche.
There are a few things you'll need to take into consideration before starting this project. This guide will show you how to do it in a few simple steps.
Can you add a niche to an existing shower?
Yes, you can add a niche to an existing shower. This can be a great way to add extra storage or to create a more functional shower space.
To add a niche to a shower, you will need to remove the existing shower wall or at least some parts of it and add a new one that includes the niche. Be sure to use waterproof materials when creating the niche to ensure that it is watertight.
|What you pay!|
Choose Your Topic:
How do you add a niche to an existing shower?
Adding a niche to an existing shower is a straightforward process. You can either purchase a prefabricated niche or have one custom-made.
To install a prefabricated niche, simply measure the dimensions of the niche and cut a hole in the tile using a wet saw. If the niche is wider than the tiles, you will also need to cut a piece of backer board to fit the niche and attach it to the wall with screws.
If you are having a custom-made niche made, be sure to provide the contractor with accurate dimensions. Once the niche is installed, seal the grout joints with a grout sealer.
What are the benefits of adding a niche to an existing shower?
Adding a niche to an existing shower can provide a few benefits that you should be aware of here.
- One is that it can provide more storage space. This can be helpful for storing items like shampoo, soap, and towels. It can also help to create a more organized shower.
- Another benefit is that it can provide a place to hang towels, this can help to keep the bathroom spacious and give the impression of being bigger.
- Finally, it can add a decorative touch to the shower which can influence the worth of the home it was installed in.
What are the challenges you will face adding a niche to an existing shower?
There are always challenges when doing decorative upgrades or additions, and making changes by adding a shower niche is one of these challenges especially to an already existing shower, here are the most notable ones to be aware of.
- The first is that you need to make sure the niche is big enough to fit all of your shower supplies and any other necessities you require.
- You also need to make sure that it is properly waterproofed so that water doesn't seep into the rest of the shower that could potentially cause leakage, bacteria and germ build up.
- Finally, you need to make sure that the niche is properly lit or have enough source of lighting so that you can see that area.
Tips on how you can stylize your shower niche to be good looking
The shower niche is often an afterthought when designing a bathroom, but it can be a focal point with a little bit of work. Here are some tips on how to style your shower niche:'
- Choose a color that pops. A bright color will make your shower niche stand out and be a focal point in your bathroom.
- Add some interest with tile. If you want to add a little bit of interest to your shower niche, try using a different type of tile than the rest of your bathroom.
- Consider a plant. A potted plant can add a touch of greenery to your bathroom and make your shower niche feel more like a part of the room.
- Use a shelf. A shelf can be a great way to add some extra storage to your shower niche and make it more functional.
- Add some art. A piece of art can add personality to your bathroom and make your shower niche feel like a special space.
Trust Your Investments - Get ahead of the market!
Take your Investment strategy to the next level, Track what other investors are doing, get frequent investment updates and find insider info to make the best trading and investing decisions to maximise your profit and lead you to more wealth.
A free tool is now available to do just that. No Signups/ Login required, Built to help investors digest the most relevant content and make the best earning decisions.
This article was extensively researched and arranged to provide benefit to the intended viewer.
The contents of this page may or may not contain affiliate links, in which I may receive a small commission at no absolute cost to you.
These are products I fully recommend as the best options as of current, clicking a product and saving item to cart will allow you to lock in the best deal for that item.